2 years ago BradParticipant
I just purchased your OS X version and it has great potential, but I’ve run into numerous bugs and other issues:
- Topics sometimes completely disappear from the mind map. I’m able to recover the lost topic by restarting the application.
- When switching from Task view to Visual view, the Inspector always appears. The Inspector should only appear when the user requests it.
- There’s no way to convert a Task back to a non-Task Topic using the GUI.
- When using the “X” keyboard shortcut to convert a Task to a non-Task, the checkbox disappears, but the Topic still appears as a Task in the Task view, with a bullet icon.
- The Toolbar is too wide. To show all the Toolbar items, I have to increase the width of the application to greater than my screen width. This is happening on a Retina Macbook Pro using the default screen resolution.
- When using the “Go To” feature in the Task view, if the item you’re going to is currently collapsed, it fails to automatically expand the hierarchy to make the item visible. Additionally, the “Go To” feature doesn’t actually go to the item, it just switches back to the Visual view. When going to an item from the Task view, it should automatically select the item you’re going to.
2 years ago adminKeymaster
Thank you Brad for the feedback. All these are on the backlog for fixing/adding.
I’d like to hear more context about item 1. When does that happen?
2 years ago BradParticipant
For #1, it seems to happens at random, there isn’t anything specific I can identify, which causes it. The database is fine and the node reappears after a restart, so it must be a display issue. I’ve also noticed other similar display issues like MindMapping lines disappearing. Again, after a restart, the lines come back.
Regarding #4, my description was an oversimplification. I’ve tested this more and found that sometimes it works correctly and sometimes it doesn’t. If I create a simple map with just a couple of nodes and test it, it seems to work fine. But on a large, complex map, with hundreds of nodes, weird stuff was happening. I don’t know if it was due to the complexity of the map or if that was just coincidental.
Regarding #6, that was also an oversimplification. Again, I’ve tested this some more and found that if the node is visible in the map, it does seem to select it. Previously that wasn’t working, but perhaps some of these issues are related to database corruption specific to my file. However, even if the selection part is working, the Go To function can be improved. I believe it should select the node, expanding the map if necessary to make the node visible, and pan the map so the selected node is centered on the screen.
1 year, 2 months ago starfishysParticipant
I am having the same problem with information disappearing, however, I am unable to get it back. Hitting undo doesn’t always bring it back. The tasks don’t disappear, but the maps do. It happens often enough that I have to randomly make duplicates of pages to ensure that I don’t lose my work. If I email myself a pdf copy of the page, it shows the missing text in outline form in the text of the email, but the pdf is blank. The information must be still hidden in the file, it just becomes inaccessible.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.